Health and Wellness Blog
- Read this article to learn more about hypertension and its impact on the African American community. Discover prevention tips, causes, and more.
- Read this article to discover more about common diseases that disproportionately affect African Americans and the Black community and tips on preventing them.
- Read this article to learn more about minority stress: the additional stress marginalized groups face due to the prejudice and discrimination they encounter.
- Geriatric doctors specialize in care for older adults. This article explains what a geriatric doctor is, what they treat, and tips on how to find one.
- As we age, we grow more vulnerable to common illnesses like the flu. Those who are ages 55 and older are at a higher risk of developing serious complications from the flu due to their immune systems weakening from age.
- Influenza often referred to as “the flu,” is a virus that primarily affects the nose, throat, and occasionally the lungs. Depending on which strain a patient contracts, the symptoms may range from mild to severe.
- Due to modern technological advances and past studies linked to gaining immunity over COVID-19, the vaccine was able to be produced at rapid speeds.
- With the rapid production and rollout of the coronavirus vaccine, a lot of questions hang that patients want answers to.
- For a vaccine to be licensed and widely approved, it must first go through five testing stages to ensure its safety and efficacy.