Health and Wellness Blog
- There are various health screenings recommended for adults ages 65 and older. Learn more in this comprehensive guide to health screenings for adults.
- Do adults need to be vaccinated? We break down everything you need to know about adult vaccines and adult immunization schedules.
- Original Medicare does not cover tetanus shots. Medicare Part D, Medicare’s prescription drug coverage, will cover a tetanus shot, however.
- Cataract surgery is covered under Medicare Part B. Overall costs will vary based on the specific Medicare plan, however.
- LASIK may help improve vision for some patients. Medicare does not cover LASIK but a Medicare Advantage plan may. There are often financing options available.
- For some people with diabetes, an insulin pump may be necessary in order to keep blood sugar stable.
- Original Medicare does not cover the Shingles vaccine, including under Medicare Part B. Medicare Part D does cover the shingles vaccine, however.
- EpiPen is an injectable drug used for severe allergic reactions. Medicare Part D drug plans only cover the generic version.