- When deemed medically necessary, Medicare covers 80 percent of associated hip replacement costs. Patients are responsible for the remaining 20 percent.
- There are various types of cancer treatment, one being immunotherapy. Immunotherapy is covered by Medicare so long as it is deemed medically necessary.
- Oxygen tanks are covered by Medicare as these are considered to be durable medical equipment (DME), which is covered under Medicare Part B.
- Original Medicare doesn’t include vision benefits under its coverage. Medicare Advantage plans may include vision care as part of its extra benefits, however.
- Learn how Medicare Part B coverage works for adjustable beds in this comprehensive resource.
- Medicare covers seat lift mechanisms needed for lift chairs under Medicare Part B if it is deemed medically necessary. Learn more here.
- Medicare is a federal government health insurance program. Learn more about eligibility, costs, and more in this comprehensive guide.
- Everything you need to know about how to apply for Medicare, what you need to fill out a Medicare application, and when you can enroll.
- Medicare Advantage and Medigap plans are considered supplemental insurance to Original Medicare. This resource will explain which one to choose.