Clinic Informatics Specialist
Oak Street Health is on a mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be. We are a network of over 50 community based primary care centers for adults on Medicare. Our national footprint continues to expand rapidly as we drive best-in-class clinical results and deliver an unmatched experience for patients. Our aspirations are high, and we seek teammates who are passionate about our mission and can help take us even farther.
What are we looking for?
What will you gain?
- Exposure to multiple medical professionals — Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Registered Nurses, Medical Assistants, Population Health Directors, and more
- Free pre-health career and application support from a professional advisor and former medical school dean with 20+ years experience
- Daily experience working side-by-side with an assigned clinician
- Over 120 hours of hands-on training and 90 days of onboarding support
- Oak Street Health career path to leadership roles
- Become an expert in clinical note writing and workflows
- Free test prep (MCAT, OAT, PCAT, DAT, USMLE, GRE) plus additional clinical and professional development and bonus opportunities for CISs staying 2 years or more.
By the numbers
- 11 states and growing! Oak Street Health currently operates centers in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee and Texas
- 300 CISs in the current cohort, including CISs in leadership positions
- 80% of CIS’s who applied to a healthcare professional school accepted 2018 – 19* (Nationwide 2018 – 19 MD/DO school acceptance is 41%)
- 75+ CISs who have continued on to leadership positions at Oak Street Health Positions include but are not limited to: Population Health, Product Development, Learning & Development, Clinician