Adult Gerontology Doctors & Physicians in North Carolina
Search Results List
- What is Adult Gerontology?
Adult gerontology is a medical specialty that focuses on the healthcare of adults and the elderly. Doctors who specialize in adult gerontology, known as adult gerontologists (or geriatricians), are trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions that affect adults and older individuals, including chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease, as well as age-related conditions like Alzheimer's disease and osteoporosis. Adult gerontologists often serve as primary care doctors for adults and the elderly, providing ongoing care and coordinating their care with other medical specialists as needed.
- What does an Adult Gerontology Doctor do?
Some things Adult Gerontology Doctors do include:
- Specialize in the healthcare of adults and older adults
- Diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions that affect adults and older individuals, including chronic diseases and age-related conditions
- Serve as a primary care doctor for adults and the elderly, providing ongoing care and coordinating their care with other medical specialists as needed
- Conduct physical exams to assess patients' overall health and check for any abnormalities or symptoms of disease
- Order and interpret laboratory tests and imaging studies to help diagnose medical conditions
- Prescribe medications and other treatments to manage and treat medical conditions
- Monitor patients' progress and adjusts treatments as needed
- Educate patients on how to maintain and improve their health, including providing advice on diet, exercise, and managing chronic conditions.
The specific duties of an Adult Gerontology Doctor may vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Adult Gerontology Physicians in North Carolina develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Adult Gerontology Doctor today.
- How do I find an Adult Gerontology Doctor in North Carolina?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find an Adult Gerontology doctor in North Carolina and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
Adult Gerontology practitioners in North Carolina
As we get older not only do we notice physical and biological changes, but also how cultural and social aspects also change in our life. Adult Gerontology is a discipline that studies all aspects of aging, including the psychological and social aspects of aging as well as the causes of age-related illnesses. At Oak Street Health, our Adult Gerontology specialists in North Carolina and supporting care team develop holistic healthcare plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Adult Gerontology Practitioner today.