Podiatrists Near Me in Ohio
Search Results List
What is Podiatry?
Podiatry is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the feet and ankles. Podiatrists are doctors who specialize in podiatry, and they are trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of foot and ankle conditions, including injuries, deformities, and chronic diseases like diabetes and arthritis. Podiatrists often work closely with other healthcare professionals, such as orthopedists and physical therapists, to provide comprehensive care to patients. In addition to treating medical conditions, podiatrists also often provide routine foot care, such as cutting and filing nails and removing corns and calluses.
What do Podiatrists do?
Some of the things podiatrists do include:
- Specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the feet and ankles.
- Diagnose and treat a wide range of foot and ankle conditions, including injuries, deformities, and chronic diseases.
- Work closely with other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care to patients.
- Provide routine foot care, such as cutting and filing nails and removing corns and calluses.
- Prescribe medications and other treatments to manage and treat medical conditions.
- Use a variety of techniques, such as casting and bracing, to correct foot and ankle problems.
- Educate patients on how to maintain and improve their foot health, including providing advice on proper footwear and foot care.
The specific duties of a podiatrist may vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our podiatrists in Ohio develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted podiatry specialist today.
How do I find Podiatrists in Ohio?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find a Podiatrist in Ohio and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
Podiatry specialists in Ohio
The human foot is a complex structure containing bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels that we often take for granted when it comes to our health. A podiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of problems of the foot and ankle. Podiatrists are also experts in the prevention of foot and ankle problems, as well as foot and ankle care, and can help you with everything from bunions and heel pain to toenail problems and foot injuries. At Oak Street Health, our Podiatry specialists in Ohio and supporting care team develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted podiatrist today.