Ophthalmology Doctors & Physicians Near Me
Search Results List
- What is Ophthalmology?
Ophthalmology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the eye and its diseases. Ophthalmologists are doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions that affect the eye, such as cataracts, glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration. These doctors use a variety of tools and techniques to examine the eye and diagnose problems, and they may prescribe medication or perform surgery to treat these conditions. Ophthalmologists also work to prevent eye diseases and preserve vision.
- What do Ophthalmologists do?
Some of the things that Ophthalmology Doctors may do include:
• Diagnose and treat conditions that affect the eye, such as cataracts, glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration
• Examine the eye using a variety of tools and techniques to identify problems
• Prescribe medication to treat eye conditions
• Perform surgery to correct vision or treat conditions that affect the eye
• Educate patients on how to prevent eye diseases and maintain good eye health
• Conduct research to improve the understanding of eye diseases and develop new treatments for them.
The specific duties of an Ophthalmology Doctor may vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Ophthalmologists in your area develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Ophthalmology Doctor today.
- How do I find a Ophthalmology Doctor near me?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find an Ophthalmologist in your area and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
- Spanish-speaking doctors
- Hindi-speaking doctors
- French-speaking doctors
- Russian-speaking doctors
- Chinese (Mandarin)-speaking doctors
- Tagalog-speaking doctors
- Arabic-speaking doctors
- Farsi-speaking doctors
- Gujarati-speaking doctors
- Polish-speaking doctors
- Creoles and pidgins-speaking doctors
- Filipino-speaking doctors
- German-speaking doctors
- Nepali-speaking doctors
- Bengali-speaking doctors
- Bosnian-speaking doctors
- Chinese (Cantonese)-speaking doctors
Ophthalmologists near me
Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine that deals with the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eye. An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders. A comprehensive eye exam can help identify early signs of disease and allow for prompt treatment to help preserve vision. If you have any concerns about your vision, it is important to visit an ophthalmologist. At Oak Street Health, our Ophthalmology Doctors in your area and supporting care team develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted ophthalmologist today.