Search Results List
- What is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is a type of healthcare that helps people improve and restore their movement, manage their pain, and prevent or treat injuries or disabilities. Physical therapists use a variety of techniques, such as exercises, stretches, and hands-on therapy, to help their patients achieve these goals. Physical therapists work with people of all ages, from infants to the elderly, and they may work in hospitals, clinics, or private practice. The goal of physical therapy is to help people improve their overall physical function and quality of life.
- What does a Physical Therapist do?
Physical therapists are health care professionals who work with patients to help them improve their movement and manage their pain. They typically work with people who have been injured or have chronic conditions that affect their ability to move and perform daily activities. Some specific tasks that a physical therapist may perform include:
- Assessing a patient's medical history and current condition to determine the best treatment plan.
- Developing and implementing a treatment plan to help the patient improve their strength, flexibility, and range of motion.
- Using a variety of techniques to help patients reduce pain and improve their mobility, such as stretching, massage, and exercises.
- Monitoring a patient's progress and making adjustments to their treatment plan as needed.
- Teaching patients how to perform exercises and other activities at home to continue their progress outside of therapy sessions.
- Collaborating with other health care professionals, such as doctors and nurses, to provide comprehensive care to patients.
The specific duties of a Physical Therapist may vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Physical Therapists in your area develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Physical Therapist today.
- How do I find a Physical Therapist near me?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find a Physical Therapist in your area and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
Physical Therapists near me
Physical therapy is a type of treatment that can be used to relieve pain, improve range of motion, recover from surgery, and prevent or treat injuries. As we age, our bodies change and we may not be able to do the things we once could. With the help of physical therapy, we can stay as active and independent as possible. The role of a physical therapist in improving physical function is to optimize an individual's ability to perform activities of daily living and improve quality of life. At Oak Street Health, our Physical Therapists in your area and supporting care team develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Physical Therapist today.