Psychiatry Doctors & Physicians Near Me
Search Results List
- What is Psychiatry?
Psychiatry is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. Psychiatrists are medical doctors who have specialized training in the field of mental health. They use a variety of approaches to help people with mental health issues, including medications, psychotherapy, and other treatments.
- What does a Psychiatrist do?
Psychiatrists work with individuals, families, and groups to assess their mental health needs and develop a treatment plan. They may also provide support and guidance to help people cope with the challenges of mental illness and improve their overall well-being. Some specific tasks that a psychiatrist may perform include:
• Conducting psychological assessments and evaluations to diagnose mental health disorders
• Prescribing and managing medications to treat mental health disorders
• Providing individual, family, and group psychotherapy to help people address their mental health issues
• Working with other health care professionals, such as social workers and primary care doctors, to provide comprehensive care to patients
• Conducting research to advance the understanding and treatment of mental health disorders.
The specific duties of a Psychiatrist may vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Psychiatrists in your area develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Psychiatrist today.
- How do I find a Psychiatrist near me?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find a Psychiatrist in your area and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
Psychiatrists near me
It's normal to feel down from time to time, but if you're feeling persistently sad, anxious, or hopeless, it might be time to seek out professional help. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental health conditions. A psychiatrist can provide you with medication and therapy to treat your mental health condition. If you are struggling with mental health issues, it is important to seek help from a psychiatrist. At Oak Street Health, our Psychiatry specialists in your area and supporting care team develop holistic healthcare plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted psychiatrist today.