Urology Doctors & Physicians Near Me
Search Results List
- What is Urology?
Urology is a medical specialty that focuses on the urinary tract in males and females and the reproductive system in males. Urologists are doctors who have specialized training in this field. They diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions that affect these systems, including urinary tract infections, kidney stones, and prostate problems.
- What do Urologists do?
Some specific tasks that a urologist may perform include:
• Conducting physical exams and ordering tests, such as urine and blood tests, to diagnose conditions that affect the urinary and reproductive systems
• Treating conditions that affect the urinary tract, such as urinary tract infections and kidney stones, with medications or other interventions
• Performing surgical procedures, such as removing the prostate gland or repairing a damaged urethra, to treat conditions that affect the urinary and reproductive systems
• Providing ongoing care and support to patients with chronic conditions, such as bladder control problems or prostate cancer
• Working with other health care professionals, such as primary care doctors and oncologists, to provide comprehensive care to patients.
The specific duties of a Urologist may vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Urologists in your area develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Urologist today.
- How do I find a Urologist near me?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find a Urologist in your area and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
Urology specialists near me
Urology is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. It is a subspecialty of internal medicine. If you are experiencing urinary problems or issues with the reproductive system, you may need to see a urologist. At Oak Street Health, our Urology Specialists in your area and supporting care team develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted urologist today.