Geriatric Medicine Doctors & Physicians in Youngstown, OH
Search Results List
- What is Geriatric Medicine?
Geriatric medicine is a medical specialty that focuses on the healthcare of older adults. Geriatricians are doctors who specialize in geriatric medicine, and they are trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions that are common in older adults, such as Alzheimer's disease, osteoporosis, and incontinence. Geriatricians also often serve as primary care doctors for older adults, providing ongoing care and coordinating their care with other medical specialists as needed. Geriatric medicine is a subspecialty of internal medicine and focuses on the unique healthcare needs of older adults.
- What does a Geriatric Medicine Doctor do?
Some things Geriatric Medicine Doctors do include:
- Specialize in the healthcare of older adults
- Diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions that are common in older adults, such as Alzheimer's disease, osteoporosis, and incontinence
- Serve as a primary care doctor for older adults, providing ongoing care and coordinating their care with other medical specialists as needed
- Conduct physical exams to assess patients' overall health and check for any abnormalities or symptoms of disease
- Order and interpret laboratory tests and imaging studies to help diagnose medical conditions
- Prescribe medications and other treatments to manage and treat medical conditions
- Monitor patients' progress and adjusts treatments as needed
- Educate patients on how to maintain and improve their health, including providing advice on diet, exercise, and managing chronic conditions.
The specific duties of a Geriatric Medicine Doctor vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Geriatric Medicine Physicians in Youngstown, OH develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Geriatric Medicine Doctor today.
- How do I find a Geriatric Medicine Doctor in Youngstown, OH?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find a Geriatric Medicine doctor in Youngstown, OH and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
Geriatric Medicine doctors in Youngstown, OH
A geriatric medicine doctor, or geriatrician, is a physician who specializes in the care of older adults. Geriatric medicine doctors focus on the unique needs of older adults, including the physical, mental, and social aspects of aging. Geriatric medicine doctors work to prevent or treat age-related health problems and promote healthy aging, and as we get older, our bodies need expert care. At Oak Street Health, our Geriatric Care Specialists in Youngstown, OH and supporting care team develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Geriatric Medicine specialist today.