Family Medicine Doctors Near Me
Are you searching for a new family doctor in your area? With a growing number of locations across the country, it will be easy to get the quality care that you and your family deserve. Our family doctors are focused on treating adults on Medicare by spending time to understand your health history and creating a personalized plan for you.
Become a patient.
Quality primary care
Our approach isn’t one-size-fits-all. We spend more time with our patients than other primary care physicians would to ensure you get the care you need.
Get help navigating your insurance
Our patient relations managers help guide you through the insurance process and ensure you get the most out of your insurance benefits.
24⁄7 patient support line
Call us with questions for your doctor, to arrange prescription refills or to book your next appointment.
- What insurance does Oak Street Health accept?
We accept all forms of Medicare, including Original Medicare Part B, select Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare Supplement or Medigap plans and Medicare-Medicaid Plans. Call us at (888) 812-1183 to see if we accept your specific insurance.
- Can you tell me about safety when I visit the center for an appointment?
Cleanliness and infection control has always been a top priority at Oak Street Health.
We have further increased our sanitation protocols to ensure the safety of our patients and staff in light of COVID-19.
- Oak Street Centers: We have increased the frequency and intensity of cleaning in our centers and exam rooms. We disinfect high touch surface areas multiple times each day with disinfectants that are EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) approved to be effective against the coronavirus. Our overnight cleaning regimen is also increased, and our centers have increased ventilation, which allows more fresh air in.
- Face Masks: All Oak Street team members, patients, and visitors are required to wear a face mask when in our centers. We provide face masks for visitors if they do not have their own. Our mask inventory is well stocked.
- Hand Washing: Our center staff is trained in proper hand hygiene and performs it multiple times each day. We also have hand sanitizer available throughout the center, and every visitor is encouraged to use it.
- Social Distancing: We have clear instructions and markings in the center to ensure that everyone maintains a safe distance. If a patient has COVID symptoms, they will wait in a private exam room upon arrival.
- Symptom Checking: We ensure the health of our care teams by checking them for COVID-19 related symptoms the night before the shift begins, the morning before starting their shift and again midday.
Nothing matters more than the health and safety of our patients and our staff. We’re committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of primary care in the safest possible environment.
- What hospitals do you work with?
We work with any area hospitals that accept your insurance.
- Who can become an Oak Street Health patient?
Our doctors specialize caring for anyone with Medicare, including Original Medicare Part B, select Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare Supplement or Medigap plans and Medicare-Medicaid Plans.
What is the difference between a family doctor and a primary care doctor?
A primary care doctor is an umbrella term used to describe different types of doctors that specialize in providing primary care. Included among them are family doctors and internists (doctors who specialize in internal medicine). Specifically, family doctors can treat patients of any age, which means that they’re able to provide a broad range of services such as immunizations, preventive care, and even minor surgeries. They provide care not only in clinics, but also in health centers, inpatient facilities, and hospitals. On the other hand, internists only provide primary care to adults, and while some specialize in conditions that affect internal organs like the heart, lungs, liver, and kidneys, others don’t. Like family doctors, internists provide broad primary services.
How to find a family doctor that meets your health needs?
Once you’ve decided that you want a family doctor as your primary care provider, the first step is to think about what you’re looking for in a physician. Are you looking for a male or female doctor? Does your doctor have to be associated with a specific hospital? Good communication is also one of the most important things in a patient-physician relationship. Your health needs will be better addressed if you’re able to find a doctor you’re comfortable with, you trust, and can talk to freely. Once you know these things, you can make a list of possible doctors around your area by asking your friends, family, other healthcare professionals, or browsing the internet.
How to find a primary care doctor at Oak Street Health
Oak Street Health can help you find the right family doctor that’s committed to helping you stay healthy and prevent urgent medical problems from happening. Being with a doctor who knows you best will save you a lot of time and cut down your medical expenses in the long run.