Internal Medicine Doctors Near Me
Need to make an appointment with an internist? Oak Street Health offers convenient access to internists that specialize in senior care. Become a patient today.
Find a clinic or doctor near you.
Search Results List
Quality primary care
Our approach isn’t one-size-fits-all. We spend more time with our patients than other primary care physicians would to ensure you get the care you need.
Get help navigating your insurance
Our patient relations managers help guide you through the insurance process and ensure you get the most out of your insurance benefits.
24⁄7 patient support line
Call us with questions for your doctor, to arrange prescription refills or to book your next appointment.
- What insurance does Oak Street Health accept?
We accept all forms of Medicare, including Original Medicare Part B, select Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare Supplement or Medigap plans and Medicare-Medicaid Plans. Call us at (888) 812-1183 to see if we accept your specific insurance.
- Can you tell me about safety when I visit the center for an appointment?
Cleanliness and infection control has always been a top priority at Oak Street Health.
We have further increased our sanitation protocols to ensure the safety of our patients and staff in light of COVID-19.
- Oak Street Centers: We have increased the frequency and intensity of cleaning in our centers and exam rooms. We disinfect high touch surface areas multiple times each day with disinfectants that are EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) approved to be effective against the coronavirus. Our overnight cleaning regimen is also increased, and our centers have increased ventilation, which allows more fresh air in.
- Face Masks: All Oak Street team members, patients, and visitors are required to wear a face mask when in our centers. We provide face masks for visitors if they do not have their own. Our mask inventory is well stocked.
- Hand Washing: Our center staff is trained in proper hand hygiene and performs it multiple times each day. We also have hand sanitizer available throughout the center, and every visitor is encouraged to use it.
- Social Distancing: We have clear instructions and markings in the center to ensure that everyone maintains a safe distance. If a patient has COVID symptoms, they will wait in a private exam room upon arrival.
- Symptom Checking: We ensure the health of our care teams by checking them for COVID-19 related symptoms the night before the shift begins, the morning before starting their shift and again midday.
Nothing matters more than the health and safety of our patients and our staff. We’re committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of primary care in the safest possible environment.
- What hospitals do you work with?
We work with any area hospitals that accept your insurance.
- Who can become an Oak Street Health patient?
Our doctors specialize caring for anyone with Medicare, including Original Medicare Part B, select Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare Supplement or Medigap plans and Medicare-Medicaid Plans.
Technology that helps seniors manage their health.
Many Americans these days are choosing to age at home and technology is a useful tool to provide peace of mind and help seniors stay on top of their healthcare. Digital tools are especially helpful in situations where family members can’t always be there or live out-of-state.
But which technologies are most helpful?
Technology keeps moving faster and faster and it can be hard to know which devices will be most helpful to seniors. Out of everything available today, tools like digital pill dispensers, medical alert buttons, smart toilets, smart watches, and senior fitness trackers are valuable devices to help seniors maintain their independence and safety while aging in place. New technologies are also often designed with seniors in mind, with easy-to-read interfaces and convenient ways to set reminders or alarms.