Behavioral Health Doctors & Physicians in Illinois
Search Results List
- What is Behavioral Health?
Behavioral health is a term that refers to the relationship between a person's behavior and their overall mental and emotional well-being. Behavioral health includes a wide range of conditions, including mental health conditions like depression and anxiety, as well as substance abuse disorders and other behavioral problems. Behavioral health professionals, such as therapists and counselors, work with individuals to help them understand and manage their thoughts, emotions, and behaviors in order to improve their overall well-being and quality of life.
- What does a Behavioral Health Specialist do?
Some of the things Behavioral Health Specialists do include:
- Provide therapy and counseling to individuals who are struggling with mental health conditions, substance abuse disorders, or other behavioral problems
- Help individuals understand and manage their thoughts, emotions, and behaviors
- Develop treatment plans and goals with patients, and work with them to achieve those goals
- Conduct assessments to determine patients' needs and develop appropriate treatment plans
- Provide support and guidance to patients as they work through their challenges and make positive changes in their lives
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, such as doctors and social workers, to provide comprehensive care to patients
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of patients' progress and treatment plans.
The specific duties of a Behavioral Health Specialist vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Behavioral Health Specialists in Illinois develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted behavioral health professional today.
- How do I find a Behavioral Health Specialist in Illinois?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find a Behavioral Health Specialist in Illinois and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
- Chicago, IL locations
- Joliet, IL locations
- Aurora, IL locations
- Bellwood, IL locations
- Berwyn, IL locations
- Blue Island, IL locations
- Chicago Heights, IL locations
- East St. Louis, IL locations
- Elgin, IL locations
- Harwood Heights, IL locations
- Oak Park, IL locations
- Peoria, IL locations
- Rockford, IL locations
- Rolling Meadows, IL locations
- Streamwood, IL locations
- Waukegan, IL locations
- More locations
- Spanish-speaking doctors
- Hindi-speaking doctors
- Russian-speaking doctors
- Chinese (Mandarin)-speaking doctors
- Creoles and pidgins-speaking doctors
- Polish-speaking doctors
- Tagalog-speaking doctors
- Chinese (Cantonese)-speaking doctors
- French-speaking doctors
- German-speaking doctors
- Greek-speaking doctors
- Gujarati-speaking doctors
- Romanian-speaking doctors
- Urdu-speaking doctors
Behavioral Health doctors in Illinois
Behavioral medicine is defined as an interdisciplinary field characterized by the collaboration of multiple disciplines that require behavioral, psychosocial, and biomedical knowledge, to improve the physical and mental health of patients who are experiencing psychosomatic disorders. Practicing preventive mental health is as important as taking care of your physical health. At Oak Street Health, our Behavioral Medicine specialists in Illinois and supporting care team develop holistic healthcare plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Behavioral Medicine Doctor today.