Oak Street Health Patient Safety
Cleanliness and infection control has always been a top priority at Oak Street Health.
We have further increased our sanitation protocols to ensure the safety of our patients and staff in light of COVID-19.
- Oak Street Centers: We have increased the frequency and intensity of cleaning in our centers and exam rooms. We disinfect high touch surface areas multiple times each day with disinfectants that are EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) approved to be effective against the coronavirus. Our overnight cleaning regimen is also increased, and our centers have increased ventilation, which allows more fresh air in.
- Oak Street Vans: We have provided additional training and supplies to our staff and drivers. Our drivers are equipped with protective equipment such as masks, and we use disinfecting wipes in our vans after every single ride.
- Face Masks: All Oak Street team members, patients, and visitors are required to wear a face mask when in our centers. We provide face masks for visitors if they do not have their own. Our mask inventory is well stocked.
- Hand Washing: Our center staff is trained in proper hand hygiene and performs it multiple times each day. We also have hand sanitizer available throughout the center, and every visitor is encouraged to use it.
- Social Distancing: We have clear instructions and markings in the center to ensure that everyone maintains a safe distance. If a patient has COVID symptoms, they will wait in a private exam room upon arrival.
- Symptom Checking: We ensure the health of our care teams by checking them for COVID-19 related symptoms the night before the shift begins, the morning before starting their shift and again midday.
- Nothing matters more than the health and safety of our patients and our staff. We’re committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of primary care in the safest possible environment.