- 37 South 40th St, Second Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104Get directions
- (215) 383-0795
- (215) 764-6556
- Monday 8:00 AM - 6:30 PMTuesday 8:00 AM - 6:30 PMWednesday 8:00 AM - 6:30 PMThursday 8:00 AM - 6:30 PMFriday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PMSaturday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Welcome to our University City primary care clinic in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
How can primary care doctors at Oak Street Health University City help care for you?
Conditions our primary care doctors treat
As you age, you need a primary care physician who knows what to expect, and one who knows what you’re going through. Our Medicare doctors near you specialize in treating common health conditions for adults over 65.
Conditions we treat, but not inclusive:
- Common cold
- Skin conditions
- End stage renal disease
- Mental health
- Kidney diseases
- Other chronic conditions
Directions and Transportation
- View in Google Maps
- DirectionsFind us in University City, in between Ludlow Street and Chestnut Street, near the University of Pennsylvania and the Vidas Athletic Complex. The nearest bus stop is the SEPTA red #30, red #40, or green LUCYGR at 40th St & Chestnut St.
- Take the SEPTA red #30, red #40, or green LUCYGR to 40th St & Chestnut St.
Providers at this location speak:
Our patient relations managers work closely with patients to make sure they understand their Medicare benefits and get the most from their coverage.
Insurance accepted at our University City clinic
Oak Street Health University City accepts Original Medicare Part A and Part B plans.
Oak Street Health University City accepts all Medicare Supplement plans, also known as MediGap plans.
In the News
- Philadelphia Business Journal
Our Primary Care Doctors and NursesFind a Medicare doctor near me
Reviews for Oak Street Health University City in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The patient rating score is an average of all responses to an independent patient satisfaction survey administered by NRC Health and patient feedback submitted via public review sites. All ratings and comments are displayed in their entirety. Learn more about our survey process.
- SharonEveryone from the receptionists to the practitioner was very welcoming . I was given a good amount of time with the dr. to explain my wants and needs, The best part is that you're quite close to where I live . Thank you Ms Sharon Scott
- SherryVery good experience
- RodneyI didn't have to wait. The staff was professional.
- JohnAs always seen at the time scheduled. Front desk checked me in my vitals taken, Doctor Sargent came in.This visit like all my visits are five star
Health and Wellness Tips for Adults on MedicareView All
Medicare Doctors and Primary Care Physicians Near You | Oak Street Health University City
The Oak Street Health location can be found at 37 South 40th Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Our on-site care team specializes in internal medicine, family medicine, senior care, preventive medicine, geriatric medicine, and behavioral health. Connect with our team of nurse practitioners, primary care physicians, and doctors through your choice of an in-person, phone, or video visit. Our team can provide you with rides to and from the Oak Street Health University City location.
Talk with one of our internal medicine or geriatric doctors for a tailored approach to primary care. Our trusted general practitioners and local doctors at the Oak Street Health University City location accept Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Humana, Aetna, Cigna, and other insurance plans to suit your needs. Our dedicated Care Team can assist with navigating your Medicare and Medicare Advantage benefits, social services, and other healthcare resources. This Oak Street Health location is in the 19104 area of Philadelphia. Same day and next day appointments are available at this location with minimal wait times.
Find us in between Ludlow Street and Chestnut Street, near the University of Pennsylvania and the Vidas Athletic Complex. If you require further assistance or for transportation questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our 24/7 support line for around-the-clock care is readily available to answer questions about care, insurance, and our services.