Primary Care Clinics & Doctor’s Offices in Waukegan, IL
Search Results List
- What is Primary Care?
Primary care is a branch of medicine that focuses on providing comprehensive and continuous medical care to individuals and families. Primary care doctors are usually the first point of contact for patients when they have a health concern, and they provide a range of services, including preventive care, health education, and diagnostic testing. Primary care doctors can also refer patients to specialists if necessary. The goal of primary care is to provide high-quality, personalized healthcare to patients.
- What does a Primary Care Doctor do?
A primary care doctor is responsible for providing a range of medical services to patients, including preventive care, health education, and diagnostic testing. They are typically the first point of contact for patients when they have a health concern, and they work to develop a long-term relationship with their patients to provide ongoing care. Primary care doctors may also refer patients to specialists if necessary. Some of the specific tasks that a primary care doctor may perform include:
- Conducting physical exams and screenings to identify potential health problems
- Providing immunizations and other preventive care services
- Diagnosing and treating common medical conditions
- Prescribing medications and other treatment options
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, such as blood work and X-rays
- Providing counseling and support to patients on healthy lifestyle choices, such as exercise and nutrition
- Referring patients to specialists for more advanced medical care when necessary
- Primary care doctors may work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and private practices.
The specific duties of a Primary Care Doctor may vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Primary Care Doctors in Waukegan, IL develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted primary care doctor today.
- How do I find a Primary Care Doctor in Waukegan, IL?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find a Primary Care Doctor in Waukegan, IL and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
- Chicago, IL locations
- Joliet, IL locations
- Aurora, IL locations
- Bellwood, IL locations
- Berwyn, IL locations
- Blue Island, IL locations
- Chicago Heights, IL locations
- East St. Louis, IL locations
- Elgin, IL locations
- Harwood Heights, IL locations
- Oak Park, IL locations
- Peoria, IL locations
- Rockford, IL locations
- Rolling Meadows, IL locations
- Skokie, IL locations
- Streamwood, IL locations
- More locations
Primary Care doctors in Waukegan, IL
Whenever a patient seeks advice or treatment from a medical practitioner or clinic, Primary Care is usually the first point of contact. This service aims to provide easy access to care, regardless of the patient's problem, and is typically provided by General Practitioners (GPs). At Oak Street Health, our Primary Care doctors and supporting care team in Waukegan, IL develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Primary Care doctor today.