Internal Medicine Doctors & Physicians in North Carolina
Search Results List
- What is Internal Medicine?
Internal medicine is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect internal organs, such as the heart, lungs, liver, and kidneys. Internal Medicine Doctors (also called internists) are trained to diagnose and treat a range of conditions, from common illnesses like the flu, to chronic conditions like diabetes and heart disease. Internists also often serve as primary care doctors, providing ongoing care to patients and coordinating their care with other other medical specialists as needed.
- What does an Internal Medicine Doctor do?
An internal medicine doctor, also known as an internist, is a medical doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the internal organs of the body. Some of the things that an internal medicine medicine doctor may do include:
- Diagnose and treat diseases that affect the internal organs of the body, such as the heart, lungs, liver, and kidneys
- Serve as a primary care doctor, providing ongoing care to patients and coordinating their care with other medical specialists as needed
- Conduct physical exams to assess patients' overall health and check for any abnormalities or symptoms of disease
- Order and interpret laboratory tests and imaging studies to help diagnose medical conditions
- Prescribe medications and other treatments to manage and treat medical conditions
- Monitor patients' progress and adjusts treatments as needed
- Educate patients on how to maintain and improve their health, including providing advice on diet, exercise, and stress management.
The specific duties of an Internal Medicine Doctor may vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Internal Medicine Physicians in North Carolina develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted internal medicine doctor today.
- How do I find an Internal Medicine Doctor in North Carolina?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find an Internal Medicine doctor in North Carolina and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
Internal Medicine doctors in North Carolina
Internal Medicine Physicians, or Internists, are doctors who are trained to diagnose, treat, and manage complex illnesses in adults based on scientific knowledge and clinical expertise. Because of their extensive training in adult medicine, they provide comprehensive care to patients. At Oak Street Health, our Internal Medicine specialists in North Carolina and supporting care team develop holistic healthcare plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Internist today.