Family Medicine Doctors & Physicians in St. Louis, MO
Search Results List
- What is a Family Medicine Doctor?
A family medicine doctor, also known as a general practitioner (or primary care doctor) is a medical doctor who specializes in the comprehensive care of patients of all ages. From common illnesses to chronic diseases, Family medicine doctors are trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions. Moreover, they provide preventive care, such as routine checkups, vaccinations, and ongoing chronic condition care. In addition to diagnosing and treating patients, family medicine doctors often serve as a patient's primary point of contact for healthcare and can refer patients to specialists if needed.
- What does a Family Medicine Doctor do?
A family medicine doctor provides a range of medical services to patients of all ages. Some of the things that a family medicine doctor may do include:
- Performing physical exams and ordering appropriate tests to diagnose medical conditions
- Providing preventive care, such as routine checkups and vaccinations
- Prescribing medications to treat various medical conditions
- Providing ongoing care for chronic conditions, such as diabetes or hypertension
- Referring patients to specialists for further evaluation or treatment
- Providing advice on healthy lifestyle habits, such as exercise and nutrition
- Counseling patients on a variety of health-related issues, such as smoking cessation or stress management.
The specific duties of a Family Medicine Doctor may vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Family Medicine Physicians in St. Louis, MO develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted family medicine doctor today.
- How do I find a Family Medicine Doctor in St. Louis, MO?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find a Family Medicine doctor in St. Louis, MO and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
Family Medicine doctors in St. Louis, MO
In Family Medicine, primary health care is provided for the individual and family across all ages, genders, diseases, and body parts. Family Physicians are able to adapt the nature of their practices to meet the particular medical requirements of their community due to their extensive skill set. At Oak Street Health, our Family Medicine specialists in St. Louis, MO and supporting care team develop holistic healthcare plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Family Practitioner today.