Podiatry Doctor’s Offices & Clinics
What is Podiatry?
Podiatry is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the feet and ankles. Podiatrists are doctors who specialize in podiatry, and they are trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of foot and ankle conditions, including injuries, deformities, and chronic diseases like diabetes and arthritis. Podiatrists often work closely with other healthcare professionals, such as orthopedists and physical therapists, to provide comprehensive care to patients. In addition to treating medical conditions, podiatrists also often provide routine foot care, such as cutting and filing nails and removing corns and calluses.
What do Podiatrists do?
Some of the things Podiatrists do include:
- Specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the feet and ankles
- Diagnose and treat a wide range of foot and ankle conditions, including injuries, deformities, and chronic diseases
- Work closely with other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care to patients
- Provide routine foot care, such as cutting and filing nails and removing corns and calluses
- Prescribe medications and other treatments to manage and treat medical conditions
- Use a variety of techniques, such as casting and bracing, to correct foot and ankle problems
- Educate patients on how to maintain and improve their foot health, including providing advice on proper footwear and foot care.
The specific duties of a Podiatrist vary depending on the needs of their patients and the policies of the healthcare facility where they work. At Oak Street Health, our Podiatrists in your area develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals. Get the care you deserve. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Podiatry Specialist today.
How do I find a Podiatry Clinic near me?
Call (888) 812-1183 to find a Podiatry Clinic in your area and learn more about becoming a patient at Oak Street Health. You can also stop by your nearest center or fill out a become a patient form, and we'll be in touch.
- Spanish-speaking doctors
- Hindi-speaking doctors
- French-speaking doctors
- Urdu-speaking doctors
- Chinese (Mandarin)-speaking doctors
- Arabic-speaking doctors
- Polish-speaking doctors
- Tagalog-speaking doctors
- Gujarati-speaking doctors
- Russian-speaking doctors
- Chinese (Cantonese)-speaking doctors
- Creoles and pidgins-speaking doctors
- Farsi-speaking doctors
- Korean-speaking doctors
- Malayalam-speaking doctors
- Nepali-speaking doctors
- Punjabi-speaking doctors
Podiatrists near me
A podiatrist is a medical professional who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the feet and ankles. Podiatrists provide a wide range of services, including medical and surgical care for foot and ankle problems, preventive care, and rehabilitative care. At Oak Street Health, our doctors and supporting care team in your area develop preventive care plans to help you achieve your physical and mental health goals, including specialist podiatry care. Schedule an in-person, phone, or video visit with a trusted Podiatrist today.