Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Welcome to our Gentilly primary care clinic in New Orleans, Louisiana
How can primary care doctors at Oak Street Health Gentilly help care for you?
Conditions our primary care doctors treat
As you age, you need a primary care physician who knows what to expect, and one who knows what you’re going through. Our Medicare doctors near you specialize in treating common health conditions for adults over 65.
Conditions we treat, but not inclusive:
- Common cold
- Skin conditions
- End stage renal disease
- Mental health
- Kidney diseases
- Other chronic conditions
Directions and Transportation
- View in Google Maps
- DirectionsFind us on City Menteur Highway at the strip mall on the corner of Desire Parkway and Old Gentilly Road. This Oak Street Health Gentilly location can be found in Suite A next to the Rainbow Shops clothing store and Angel Nails II salon.
- Use New Orleans RTA to take the 62, 64, or 65 Bus from Duncan Plaza to the Winn Dixie + Desire Parkway stop.
- Parking available onsite.
Providers at this location speak:
Our patient relations managers work closely with patients to make sure they understand their Medicare benefits and get the most from their coverage.
Insurance accepted at our Gentilly clinic
Oak Street Health Gentilly accepts Original Medicare Part A and Part B plans.
Oak Street Health Gentilly accepts all Medicare Supplement plans, also known as MediGap plans.
In the News
- Press Releases
Reviews for Oak Street Health Gentilly in New Orleans, Louisiana
The patient rating score is an average of all responses to an independent patient satisfaction survey administered by NRC Health and patient feedback submitted via public review sites. All ratings and comments are displayed in their entirety. Learn more about our survey process.
- EugeniaVery positive experience I would definitely recommend someone to Oak Street Health
- AnnieThe whole staff starting from the Angie, who was very convincing and who represented Oak Street with the utmost professional manner, Carter the van driver, the dear lady that check me in, the dear insurance Lady, Brandy my Nurse Practitioner, and Abraham, all made me feel super welcome. As a result of my total experience I decided to make Oak Street my permanent PCP and Doctor office, because I am sure all my needs will be taken care of. Thank everybody for their professionalism. Annie Carter
- CarolynOver all I was very please with the way everything was handled. Staff very polite and curious the doctor was well informed
- DarrellInsightful, promising, I'm elated
- ShirleyMy first time with this ins. I can only tell you about my only experience. Everybody welcomed me explains things, and showed me around.
Health and Wellness Tips for Adults on MedicareView All
Learn all there is to know about the cost, eligibility requirements, benefits, and more involved with Medicare Special Needs Plans.
Medicare Doctors and Primary Care Physicians Near You | Oak Street Health Gentilly
This Oak Street Health location can be found at 4800 Chef Menteur Highway in New Orleans, Louisiana. Our on-site care team specializes in a variety of practices such as, preventive medicine, internal medicine, family medicine, senior care, and geriatric medicine. Connect with our team of nurse practitioners, primary care physicians, and doctors through your choice of an in-person, phone, or video visit. Our team can provide you with rides to and from the Oak Street Health Gentilly location.
This location welcomes patients who speak English and Spanish via our dedicated multilingual care team. Talk with one of our internal medicine or geriatric doctors for a tailored approach to primary care. Our trusted general practitioners and local doctors at the Oak Street Health Gentilly location accept Medicare Advantage, Medicare, Peoples Health, and other insurance plans to suit your needs. Our dedicated care team can assist with navigating your Medicare and Medicare Advantage benefits, social services, and other healthcare resources. This Oak Street Health location is in Suite A on 4800 Chef Menteur Highway in Orleans county, Louisiana. Same day and next day appointments are available at this location with minimal wait times.
Find us on City Menteur Highway at the strip mall on the corner of Desire Parkway and Old Gentilly Road. This Oak Street Health Gentilly location can be found in Suite A next to the Rainbow Shops clothing store and Angel Nails II salon. Our 24/7 support line for around-the-clock care is readily available to answer questions about care, insurance, and our services.