Medicare & Insurance
- Changes to the Federal Medicare Program are to be expected annually.
- Original Medicare does not cover tetanus shots. Medicare Part D, Medicare’s prescription drug coverage, will cover a tetanus shot, however.
- Cataract surgery is covered under Medicare Part B. Overall costs will vary based on the specific Medicare plan, however.
- LASIK may help improve vision for some patients. Medicare does not cover LASIK but a Medicare Advantage plan may. There are often financing options available.
- For some people with diabetes, an insulin pump may be necessary in order to keep blood sugar stable.
- Original Medicare does not cover the Shingles vaccine, including under Medicare Part B. Medicare Part D does cover the shingles vaccine, however.
- EpiPen is an injectable drug used for severe allergic reactions. Medicare Part D drug plans only cover the generic version.
- A pacemaker is a battery-operated device that helps the heart return to a regular rhythm. Medicare will cover a pacemaker as a prosthetic device.